The Beatles’ ‘BBC Volume 2′ Coming in November
Another two-disc set of the Beatles' radio recordings from their native England will be released on Nov. 11. 'On Air - Live at the BBC Volume 2' will feature 40 performances by the band, recorded in 1963-64 for broadcast on various BBC programs.
A sequel to 1994's 'Live at the BBC,' which reached No. 3, 'Volume 2' of the Beatles' BBC sessions will include all previously unreleased recordings. Even though most of the songs and studio banter have found their way onto various bootleg records over the years, this marks their first official release.
In addition to Beatles classics like 'I Want to Hold Your Hand' and 'I Saw Here Standing There,' 'On Air - Live at the BBC Volume 2' will include covers of songs by some of the group's musical heroes, like Chuck Berry ('Memphis, Tennessee'), Ray Charles ('I Got a Woman') and Little Richard ('Lucille'). The album will also feature covers of Berry's 'I’m Talking About You' and the standard 'Beautiful Dreamer,' neither of which has ever appeared on any official Beatles record in any form.
The Beatles performed more than 275 songs for the BBC between March 1962 and June 1965. Recorded with no overdubs and live in the studio, the sessions showed off what a great live band the Beatles were before they moved on to their more ambitious studio ventures later in the decade. The new volume, like its predecessor, will also feature chats between the Fab Four and the station hosts.
'On Air - Live at the BBC Volume 2' will also be released on vinyl in addition to the CD and digital formats. The original 'Live at the BBC' album will be reissued on the same day in a newly remastered edition, just in case you need to complete your collection.
The Beatles 'On Air - Live at the BBC Volume 2' Track Listing
1. 'And Here We Are Again (Speech)'
2. 'Words of Love'
3. 'How About It, Gorgeous? (Speech)'
4. 'Do You Want to Know a Secret'
6. 'Hey, Paul … (Speech)'
7. 'Anna (Go to Him)'
8. 'Hello! (Speech)'
9. 'Please Please Me'
11. 'I’m Talking About You'
12. 'A Real Treat (Speech)'
14. 'Absolutely Fab (Speech)'
16. 'Ask Me Why'
17. 'Till There Was You'
18. 'Lend Me Your Comb'
19. 'Lower 5E (Speech)'
20. 'The Hippy Hippy Shake'
21. 'Roll Over Beethoven'
22. 'There's a Place'
23. 'Bumper Bundle (Speech)'
24. 'P.S. I Love You'
25. 'Please Mister Postman'
26. 'Beautiful Dreamer'
27. 'Devil in Her Heart'
28. 'The 49 Weeks (Speech)'
29. 'Sure to Fall (In Love With You)'
30. 'Never Mind, Eh? (Speech)'
31. 'Twist and Shout'
32. 'Bye, Bye (speech)'
33. 'John - Pop Profile (Speech)'
34. 'George - Pop Profile (Speech)'
1. 'I Saw Her Standing There'
2. 'Glad All Over'
3. 'Lift Lid Again (Speech)'
4. 'I'll Get You'
5. 'She Loves You'
6. 'Memphis, Tennessee'
7. 'Happy Birthday Dear Saturday Club'
8. 'Now Hush, Hush (Speech)'
9. 'From Me to You'
10. 'Money (That's What I Want)'
11. 'I Want to Hold Your Hand'
12. 'Brian Bathtubes (Speech)'
13. 'This Boy'
14. 'If I Wasn’t in America (Speech)'
15. 'I Got a Woman'
16. 'Long Tall Sally'
17. 'If I Fell'
18. 'A Hard Job Writing Them (Speech)'
19. 'And I Love Her'
20. 'Oh, Can’t We? Yes We Can (Speech)'
21. 'You Can't Do That'
22. 'Honey Don't'
23. 'I'll Follow the Sun'
24. 'Green With Black Shutters (Speech)'
25. 'Kansas City / Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey!'
26. 'That’s What We’re Here For (Speech)'
27. 'I Feel Fine (Studio Outtakes)'
28. 'Paul - Pop Profile (Speech)'
29. 'Ringo - Pop Profile (Speech)'