Steve Kelly Tries New Blue Cake + Shares Recipe
When it comes to cakes, just when you think you have seen and tasted every type of cake there is, Betty Crocker goes and makes a new one that is sure to chase away your blues.This new cake is a slight twist of the delicious Red Velvet cake that many love , but this new cake is blue and is called Royal Blue Velvet Cake and can be prepped and ready to serve in just over an hour and a half creates 16 servings.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make the tasty Royal Blue Velvet Cake:
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons royal blue paste food color
- 1 toothpickful violet paste food color ( if forgotten, the cake will bake up turquoise in color.)
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- And if you wanted to be creative you can make a Red, White and Blue cake for the 4th of July, so if someone wants to make me one I would gladly except.