Fort Sill Update – Flag Day Ceremony And More
From Fort Sill Commanding General MG Mark McDonald, here is this week's Fort Sill update:
Basic Combat Training Graduation
- Friday, June 14th, 10am at Fort Sill's Sheridan Theater..
- Alpha Battery, 1st Battalion, 31st Field Artillery.
- Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Army Birthday and Flag Day Ceremony
- Everyone is invited to help Fort Sill celebrate the Army's 238th birthday and Flag Day on Friday, June 14th @ 9am in front of McNair Hall.
- A colorful and moving ceremony where all the flags that have represented our nation are present and the history of our great Army is remembered.
- We will cut the cake with the newest soldier on Fort Sill, so come out and have a piece of birthday cake with us!
Trace Adkins tickets on sale
- Tickets to see Trace Adkins and his guests The Josh Abbott Band and Bri Bagwell are on sale now.
- Concert is Friday, July 5th at Fort Sill's Polo Field.
- Tickets are $30. Follow the link on Fort Sill's MWR web site, or go to Adventure Travel in the Welcome Center (Bldg 4700) or in Central Mall. Tickets also available at all Lawton EZ-GO Stores.
Fort Sill Golf Course
- The Fort Sill Golf Course is open to the public Tuesday through Friday for open play.
- Weekend play is reserved for authorized users and their guests.
- Hours are dawn to dusk.
- The Practice Green stays open after dark thanks to the new arena lights, so golfers can practice chipping and putting.
- The Golf Course will be hosting a number of tournaments & scrambles this summer.
- For more information call the Pro Shop at 442-5441.
The Golf Learning Center
- On the corner of Fort Sill Blvd. and Upton Rd., provides patrons the opportunity to practice the fundamentals of golf.
- The five swing station allows patrons to improve their swing mechanics at full speed.
- The putting are allows patrons to improve their abilities to 'read the putts'.
- Open 24/7 for use by all patrons.
You can hear the entire June 13th update from MG McDonald by clicking the arrow below.