Healthy Chicken Salad – Recipe
I am addicted to Pinterest! I am addicted to getting healthier and you can follow that journey with Healthy and Well in 2012! So, I combined the two and started looking for healthy recipes. If it looks good and easy to make I am going to pin it to my Food Board and try it! I will also share some of the recipes here.
I found this for Healthy Chicken Salad and decided to try it. It turned out really good and even David (who isn't a big chicken fan) liked it. So here is the recipe (or you can click on this LINK to go directory to the website) and you can print the recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped apple (about 1 large; I used a Pink Lady and kept the peel because it was organic)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Hellman’s light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken, celery, apple and cranberries in a bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add to the chicken mixture and stir to mix well.
- Stir in the parsley if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (about 1 cup): 220 calories, 5 g fat, 13 g carbs and 28 g protein and 5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus value.
This would be delicious served on whole grain crackers or in a pita or wrap too.
So, now it's your turn. It's easy to make and, by the way, much better on the second day because all the flavors come out. Let me know what you think and if you have a healthy recipe you think I should try send it to me.