Lawton Schedules Bulk Cleanup
As attractive as the couch on your porch is -- if it's time to redecorate your lawn and switch from old refrigerators to something like . . . grass . . . the city is getting ready for another round of bulk cleanups in April.
Here is how it works:
- Get all the big stuff that won't fit in the trash can (appliances, old furniture, broke stuff, tree limbs cut down to less than 10 feet long)
- pile it all next to your curb at least 5 feet away from your normal trash can, mail box, gas meter or anything else.
- Make sure you don't have power lines overhead.
The city will come around in sections to pick up all your old junk and haul it away -- for free. So, it's the perfect time to spruce up a little, get rid of stuff and not have to do a lot of the heavy lifting!
Here's the schedule by area:
- AREA 1 between west 97th and west 38th can put out bulk items on March 27-30
- AREA 2 between west 38th and Rail Road Street can put out bulk items April 3-6
- AREA 3 between Rail Road Street and east 60th can put out bulk items April 10-13