Not a Morning Person? Try The R.I.S.E. U.P. Method
I am a morning person. I have to be in the position I'm in. But if you're not a morning person and need to be try the "R.I.S.E. U.P." Method if you can remember what it stands for.
According to a sleep expert, there's a six-step process call the "R.I.S.E. U.P." method that can help you wake up in the morning. It's an acronym where each letter stands for a different step.
So yeah, it might actually make it harder to get up since you have to remember six different things. Here's what each letter in RISE UP stands for:
1. The "R" means REFRAIN from hitting the snooze button.
2. The "I" stands for INCREASE your activity in the first hour. Meaning exercise right after you wake up, or just do something small like a quick walk.
3. The "S" stands for SHOWER
4. The "E" stand for EXPOSE yourself to sunlight!
5. The "U" is so you listen to UPBEAT music! Like My1073!
6. The "P" stands for PHONE a friend because talking to someone forces you to be more alert. (I don't think this one will work for me since I get up at 4:30 a.m. I don't think I would have any friends left after a couple of days!)
So you have approximately ZERO chance of remembering to do all of these things.
Do you have a trick in the morning that helps you get going?