Red Flags to Watch For in Relationships
It's easy to spot the red flags in a bad relationship after you get out of it. When you're in it, it's a whole different story. So maybe this list can help.
There was a discussion recently on Reddit.com about the subtle relationship red flags that people always overlook. Here are the top seven.
1. The other person uses ultimatums to get their way instead of compromising. If your significant other starts throwing the threats of withholding or leaving there is a big red flag here.
2. They don't want you to be friends with their friends. Why? Is there something to hide?
3. Your friends and family hate them. Your instinct might be to prove your friends and family wrong, but sometimes it's worth considering that maybe they're right.
4. They put you on a pedestal. It's great at first, but it means they're not seeing the real you, just an idealized version, so the only place to go is down. And it will be a long way down and hurt as well.
5. When you start to have more bad days together than good days. Relationships take work, but they're not all work. You have to always take the good with the bad. But again, if there is more bad than good, it is another huge red flag.
6. They always have generic or bad excuses for why they don't call, or text, or come by when you're expecting. Eventually, it's clear you're not a priority. After the first couple of time of this happening, questions on why they are not calling should be addressed.
7. They talk about how all of their exes are crazy. If someone thinks everyone else is crazy, they might be the crazy one. Really big red flag here.
Have you ever been in a relationship where the other party demonstrated any of these red flags?