Seven Health Benifits of a Bedroom Workout!
7 Surprisingly Healthy Benefits of Sex
Hey guys, are you tired of getting the shaft every night? Does your girl cop out with excuses like “oh, not tonight—I have a headache”? Well here are some interesting tidbits you can use to try to get a tiddly-bit of fun tonight. Let us know if these work for you!
1. Sex is a natural calorie burner and may improve your heart health: Hey girls, we know you’ve had a tough day. Work sucked and you didn’t get a chance to go to the gym, but don’t reach for the sweats and ice cream just yet! According to experts, sex burns between 75 and 150 calories per half-hour. That’s almost as much as walking—which burns 153 calories per half-hour. Hmmm…which one would you rather do? Sex also raises your heart rate and blood flow, which are great ways to combat heart disease—only the number one killer of women in America. (Guys: if you use this last reason, do it extremely tactfully! It has the potential to backfire!)
2. Sex can help you sleep better: Having trouble getting to sleep at night? Do the worries of the day linger on your mind and keep you from that restful slumber that you deserve? Studies have shown that people who engage in the act more frequently are able to handle stress better. In fact, the relaxation that occurs after orgasm or ejaculation may be the only time you really allow yourself to completely relax.
3. Sex is a natural immune system booster: Besides washing your hands every 10 minutes and slathering hand sanitizer all over yourself—sex is a way to naturally build up your immune system. People who have sex once to twice a week have been found to show an increase of up to 30% in levels of an antibody called immunoglobin A.
4. Sex makes your skin glow: Is your complexion a little dull? Well sex can help improve this! During sex, your body produces a hormone called DHEA which boosts your immune system, gives you healthier skin and decreases depression. Beautiful and happy? Can't go wrong with that!
5. Sex improves mental health: Sex—in a loving and committed relationship (yeah, there’s always a catch)—can reduce your stress level by lowering your cortisol level. This reduces your blood pressure and helps clear your mind.
6. Sex helps you control…uh…that urge to go: Just like Kegel exercises, sex can help strengthen the muscles associated with incontinence.
7. Sex helps to relieve pain: Hey guys, here’s the one you’ve been waiting for! The next time your girl turns you down because she has a headache, let her know that doctors have proven that sex will help to relieve that pain. Sexual arousal and orgasm help to secrete the hormone oxytocin, which causes the release of endorphins which—as everyone knows because of Reese Witherspoon in “Legally Blond”— “Happy people don’t kill their husbands, right?” Happy people have less pain too!
There you go guys and gals, 7 reasons to do it. I’m happier just writing out this list!