There were reports of smoke being spotted at Tomlinson Middle School earlier today where staff and faculty evacuated the students when the fire alarms went off.

KSWO reports that school officials have stated that the smoke came from came from a fan motor in an air conditioning unit that malfunctioned. The students were in the instruction state of a state mandated test when the alarm rang.

The air conditioning unit is currently being looked at and officials have stated that it will be replaced if necessary.