Take A Woman To Get Good Deal
I will be rubbing this in my husband's face for years (and years and years) to come. New research says if you want a better deal on your next vehicle take a woman with you to shop!
Lease Trader says the stereotype that men make better deals is being flipped on its head. Why? The main reason is women tend to do their homework before signing on the dotted line.
So, in my family, I do research. . and my husband does so MUCH research he has a hard time making a decision. So, with this research in my pocket, I'll make sure we are ready when it is time to retire that 1995 Chevy Blazer that is wheezing its way down the highway.
According to the study:
- Women are 13% more likely to ask for a third-party inspection.
- Women ask more questions about warranties, car history and safety features.
- Women have an easier time leaving the car lot without buying (oh, this is SO true!)
- According to dealers, women not only ask better questions, but tend to actively listen to the answers (SOOOOO TRUE!!)
- Men, on the other hand, have a "presumed knowledge" of cars and feel that's their edge up on a salesperson (SOOOOO ANNOYING)
- Men also buy more toys, additional features and upgrades
- Men also tend to be emotional buyers and pick status vehicles.
So, can we now put to rest that men pick cars better? Maybe not so much. That war (if my husband The Darin knew I was posting this article) would rage. . .and rage.
But, ladies, this is a confidence booster for you that, despite what your man might say, you bring value to the deal. . .more than just picking the color!