Use These 6 Tips to Find Amazing Deals at Lawton’s Largest Garage Sale
Lawton’s Largest Garage Sale is coming up next Friday and Saturday on April 27th and 28th, and we want you to be prepared with the best tips so you can find the best deals! We asked our staff to share their best garage sale shopping tips! Check them out!
- Keep a list of things you are looking for that you know you need or want. Things like garden equipment, kitchen utensils, tools, etc. things you know you can live without until you find a good deal.
- Get to know your prices. Some people are clueless about what to charge because they haven’t been to garage sales. You can find wonderful deals, or you can find things way overpriced.
- Polish your negotiation skills! This is the best place in the world to practice negotiating. It is also a great learning opportunity for your children.
- In addition to items on your list, look for things that will make nice gifts. Keep a list of those people you need to buy gifts for and any particular interests they might have. You can find wonderful jewelry at low prices. Everyone loves a beautiful vintage piece of jewelry.
- If you enjoy doing crafts and making gifts, garage sales are fantastic for finding craft supplies.
- Tools, camping equipment, outdoor and indoor furniture are always available at yard sales. This can be a cost effective way to pick up what you need at prices you can afford.
Here is a great article from ‘The Crazy Coupon Lady’ on Six Tips for Saving Money at Garage Sales.