Wacky Homeowner Laws
Do you belong to a homeowners association? I'm not sure how prevalent they are in the state of Oklahoma but they were huge in Minnesota and EXPENSIVE. If you lived in a nice neighborhood, you belonged to a homeowners association. Check out these weird, but very real, homeowner laws from across the country.
- It's against the law to sit on your front porch in an "indecent position" in Columbus Georgia.
- In Grants Pass, Oregon, it's not against the law to toss onions at obnoxious salesmen if they don't stop knocking on your door or ringing your bell.
- In Boston, it's illegal to take a bath unless it's ordered by a doctor.
- It's against the law in Oxford, Ohio, for a woman to take off their clothes in front of a man's picture.
- In Chicago, it's illegal to fish in your pajamas.
- You're not allowed to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on in North Dakota
- In San Francisco, it's illegal to wipe down your car with a pair of underwear, unless it's brand new.
- It's illegal to kick your wife out of bed in Lebanon, Virginia
- You need a hunting license to set a mousetrap if you live in El Hoyo, California.
- In Prunedale, California, it's against the law to have two indoor bathtubs.
I wonder how many people have been ticketed or even worse, arrested, for these violations!