Apache Casino Hotel Reopening This Thursday
Well it's official, the Apache Casino Hotel will reopen this Thursday (05-21-20) at 10:00am CST. The Fort Sill Apache Tribe Economic Development Authority Board of Trustees authorized the reopening of the casino, it's been closed since mid March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. They'll reopen following all the familiar CDC guidelines and protocols for social distancing, limited occupancy and sanitation.
All of which are outlined in the press release we received and official website.
"We are very excited to welcome back our guests to experience the gaming, fun, and hospitality, at your "Happy Place", the Apache Casino Hotel. Health and safety remain our top priority. Many new health and safety measures have been implemented to keep our guests, team members and community, safe upon our reopening."
It'll be nice to have our "Happy Place" back and not only is the casino opening, the hotel is too. This is great news as we fast approach "Memorial Day" weekend and while everyone is making plans to get some much needed entertainment and relaxation. We're starting to see more and more places open back up, this past Friday all the bars, taverns and nightclubs were permitted to open their doors once again. This follows the state of Oklahoma's OURS (Open Up and Recover Safely) plan, Phase II.
Some say it's too early, others say different. Whatever your thoughts you can go or stay, away it's up to you. Of course businesses owners are doing their upmost to make things as healthy and safe as possible during this time. All must follow strict regulations when it comes to the welfare of customers and employees.
In the press release we received from Apache Casino Hotel they've outlined some of the safeguards they'll have in place effective this Thursday (05-21-20).
- Initial reopening hours are from 10:00am to 2:00am daily. (The casino will be closed from 2:00am to 10:00am in order to deep clean.)
- The property will be open in phases, with some gaming machines, food outlets and other amenities, not open in the initial phase. Food outlets will open with limited menus and seating.
- Points of entry will be limited. Only the two front entrances for guests.
- The property will be 100% smoke-free, with no smoking or vaping allowed inside, until an undecided future date.
- All team members and guests will be required to wear a face covering that covers both the nose and mouth. We strongly encourage you to bring you own face covering. A limited number of masks will be available for purchase.
- All team members and guests will be required to have a non-invasive temperature check at the door and be asked some brief health screening questions. Anyone who states that they feel ill or has a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed inside.
- All guests will be requested to briefly lower their face coverings for age and identification purposes. Further proof of identification may be required by providing a physical ID card upon request.
- Guests will need to practice 6-foot social distancing from other guests not in their group, while standing in lines and moving around the property.
- Occupancy levels will be reduced to maintain enough social distancing.
- There will be frequent deep cleaning and sanitizing of all public spaces with an emphasis on frequently touched surfaces.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed throughout the property.
- Signage on health and safety, sanitation and social distancing are located across the property and frequent overhead announcement will be made on these subjects.
- Slot machines, casino chairs, restaurant tables, bar chairs, and other physical layout changes have been made to provide as much distancing as possible between guests.
- In most cases, every other slot machine will not be available for play or to sit at, except where safety barriers are in place. Slot machines will be routinely cleaned and sanitized and have visible logs of cleaning schedules.
- Live table games will be limited to 2 or 3 players per table until new divider barriers are in place. Chips and table touch points will be routinely cleaned and sanitized.
- 4-person maximum occupancy on elevators.
- The hotel lobby, pool area, business center and fitness room will remain closed in the initial phase.
- Valet services will remain suspended until further notice.
- All team members have had health and sanitation training.
Note: these protocols are based on the May 21, 2020 reopening date and are subject to change, based on reopening phases and evolving health and safety guidelines.
"Our enhanced health and safety measures and phased reopening are designed for your health and safety. We look forward to welcoming you back on Thursday May 21, 2020, to your "Happy Place", the Apache Casino Hotel."