‘Tipsy Tow’ Returns To Offer A Safe Labor Day Ride Home
Summer's last hurrah is almost upon us and AAA Oklahoma wants to try to make it the safest Labor Day possible. AAA OK is once again offering its free 'Tipsy Tow' service to the public over the long holiday weekend.
Beginning at 6 p.m. Friday night, and continuing through 4 a.m. Tuesday morning, drivers, passengers, party hosts, bartenders and restaurant managers can request a free ride home for any Oklahoma resident, AAA member or not. The service is available in metropolitan Oklahoma City, metropolitan Tulsa, Lawton, Bartlesville, Tahlequah, Enid, Shawnee, Ardmore and Muskogee.
According to the AAA of Oklahoma, 66 percent of all highway fatalities in Oklahoma last year involved alcohol or drugs. Impaired drivers put all road users at risk, so AAA is offering its free service as a way to help prevent the easily preventable. 'Tipsy Tow' offers a one way ride home for drivers, one passenger and the vehicle up to 15 miles from the point of pick-up. You can call and arrange for a tow by calling 1-800-AAA-HELP (222-4357). Once again the service is available to all Oklahomans regardless of if they are a member of AAA or not, and is offered as a free service in the following areas: metropolitan Oklahoma City, metropolitan Tulsa, Lawton, Bartlesville, Tahlequah, Enid, Shawnee, Ardmore and Muskogee
AAA offers these tips for a safe Labor Day:
- Offer food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Make sure all of your guests have a designated driver.
- Keep the numbers for local cab companies as well as AAA’s Tipsy Tow handy.
- Take the keys away from anyone who is thinking of driving while impaired.
- If you plan to drive, don’t drink.
- If you plan to drink, select a designated driver or use a ride-sharing service. If your ride falls through, call a cab or utilize AAA’s Tipsy Tow as a transportation alternative.
- Buckle up—it’s your best defense against other impaired drivers.