Last Minute Easter Sunflower Cake Recipe
Easter is such a fun holiday. It is the beginning of spring and everything is new and bright and fun. I was checking out the Taste of Home website and found a recipe for a really cute Easter cake made with Peeps. The best part - it's made with a box cake mix.
Peeps Sunflower Cake Recipe
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- 19 yellow chick Peeps candies
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; carefully remove waxed paper.
- Level tops of cakes. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake.
- Without separating Peeps and curving slightly to fit, arrange chicks around edge of cake for sunflower petals. For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Our Taste of Home Cooking School is approaching FAST! It is next Tuesday, April 10th at the McMahon Auditorium. If you have not purchased your tickets yet you better hurry. You can get all the details about the cooking school on our event page.