Warm And Stormy Weather On Tap For Oklahoma This Week
Today (Monday, March 20) is the first day of spring, and a quintessential Oklahoma spring is on tap for this week with warm temperatures, severe storms and a cool down into the weekend.
According to the National Weather Service in Norman, the winds will pick up today out of the south, which will bring in a warm front and moisture to set up this week's high temps and rain chances.
It looks like the areas that are expected to see the most amount of rain tonight through Tuesday (March 21) are the areas north east of I-35 with a 40-60 percent chance, while all areas south are expected to receive anywhere from 15 to 40 percent.
As for the rest of the week, Oklahoma will see anywhere from 20 to 30 percent chances of precipitation with temperatures looking to top out in the low 80s. Thursday (March 23), Oklahoma is currently sitting at an elevated risk for severe storms with a possibility of heavy rain. Of course, this information could change before then, so be sure to stay weather aware this week!
As Oklahoma thaws with warm temperatures and precipitation, a cool down is expected again.
So far, it's been a chilly spring for Oklahoma. We've had some warm days, like what's expected this week, but another cold front always comes through. It looks like we'll be seeing a cold front again later this week as we head into the weekend.
Temperatures will begin to drop Thursday, which will lead into our coldest day of the week Friday with high temperatures in the 60s and lows in the 40s. We'll start out cold Saturday, but it looks like we'll warm up again that afternoon and carry into Sunday.